Saturday, January 10, 2009

Down to the Last Week in the USA

It doesn't seem quite possible, and yet it is. I arrived in the United States from Malaysia on November 26, 2008. I stayed overnight in San Francisco before going on to Denver. On the 7th of December I flew to the Detroit area, and on the 10th on to Chicago. From December 11-18, I had meetings in Chicago, and on the evening of the 18th I returned to my home in Denver. Since then I have been in the Denver area.

Now, however, the clock is ticking, the days are passing by. On the 15th I will leave for my return trip to Kuala Lumpur. Soon and very soon I will be back in my "home away from home," Shah's Village Hotel in Petaling Jaya. It will be good to be back with friends there. It will be sad to leave family and friends here. Such is life. A student who once worked with me during the 1970s once say, "Life is bitter sweet." That's true, as anyone paying attention to their personal life, and the events around the world can affirm.

I hope to be posting more blogs in the future. There are a couple of different issues I want to reflect on. One is what difference starting points make. When I was teaching full time I would tell students they needed to be clear on their presupposition and their telos, their starting point and their goal. The second issue I want to reflect on is what I have begun to call "touch starvation." Until then....

1 comment:

Ben Wong said...

i'll be quoting Forrest Gump about the chocolates thing.